About the Role
As a Maintenance Person for Maria Mallaband care group you will be part the care homes team and as such work with other staff to ensure the safety of all the Service Users, visitors and employees. The work can be both physically and mentally demanding. Predominately the job is about Health and Safety checks of the building, environment and equipment. It will also require you to go into residents rooms and being able to feel comfortable around people living with dementia.This role will include some weekend work.Person Specification:Professional
- The Maintenance Person will ideally hold relevant qualification or be willing to work towards one,
- Have an understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Genuine interest in working in a care environment.
- Health and Safety checks of the buildings, environment and equipment.
- Have an understanding of and empathy with older people.
- Be able to take a lead where needed and also be a team player.
- And need to be able to work well on their own and manage their time effectively.
- Clean Driving License.
- Required to work in a Homely, Lively and Exciting environment.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
*Apprenticeship opportunities available The Moors Care Centre
- Training support and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
The Moors Care Centre is a care home in Ripon giving residents a safe and secure caring place to live. Run by Maria Mallaband Care Group, the care home has a team of trained, friendly staff who strive to give residents a welcoming, social and relaxing home. The care home offers up to 70 people a home from home. Staff work in partnership with healthcare services to ensure people receive timely support to maintain and improve their health. Staff support people to develop and maintain relationships to avoid social isolation and encourage residents to take part in activities that are socially and culturally relevant to their individual interests.About Us
Care is at the heart of what we do here at Maria Mallaband Care Group. We're an established family-run care provider, and we deliver care to over 3,500 residents across our 80+ care homes nationwide.
Our mission is to be the best quality; most highly regarded Care Provider in the United Kingdom and our vision is to create a home from home environment for both residents and staff.
We are committed to being an Investors in People employer, which means that we continually invest in your personal training and development. MMCG is a place where your career truly starts to grow.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Interested? Just click apply! Or if you have any further questions before applying you can contact the recruitment team at [email protected]
or you can call us at .
You can find out more about life at MMCG on Facebook and Twitter:Please be aware this vacancy may close earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.
Maria Mallaband Care Group