Process/Manufacturing EngineerAldershotUpto £45KPermanent
Our client based in the Aldershot area requires an experienced Process/Manufacturing Engineer with a background in the rubber moulding industry. This is a great opportunity to work for a company with state-of-the-art equipment.Responsibilities:
- New product development and implementation including production methods, process flow, machinery and required tooling.
- Carry out, lead and support preproduction trials, record activities/process details, recommended equipment and specifications.
- Specify and/or oversee fabrication of equipment used in moulding processes and/or assembly operations (i.e., end-of-arm-tooling, fixtures, jigs, etc.)
- Manage project schedules as applied to new product launches.
- Analyse new and current processes for cost reduction activity and implement/oversee improvements, recording successes and failures.
- Develop and support task-oriented team objectives with effective results and cost reduction activities.
- Coordinate Continuous Improvement Projects and processes with multi-function teams.
- Provide where appropriate specific moulding process training to technicians and operators.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the roles and responsibilities regarding the environmental policies, management system, and objectives and targets by attending required training.
Hours of Work:
- Manufacturing background with exposure to Lean Six Sigma methodology and good problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of rubber moulding and a good understanding of rubber to metal/plastic bonding
- Ideally educated to Degree or HNC level in Product/Polymer engineering
- Familiar with the automotive industry quality requirements QS9000 and APQP
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
7am - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7am - 12:00 Friday
(45 minute lunch break)