eSift are currently looking for an experienced Fire and Security Engineer with a strong technical knowledge to join our client, the leading global integrated security company, specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
Location: Exeter and surrounding areas.
Salary: Up to £32k per annum plus company car and other benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer in our clients Fire & Security Systems business team based in the Exeter area. The job holder will be required to work 40hrs per week and be part of an on call/standby team of regional engineers.
On a day to day basis, you will be attending to calls for maintenance (on site and or by telephone) as directed by team co-ordinators, rectifying all faults on the first visit where rectification is within your control and carrying out rolling programme of preventative maintenance visits.
You will make sure you are collecting/recording of site configuration information, maintaining accurate and timely records and commissioning small projects when required.
You will also provide cover on a rotating, out of hours basis and carrying out any additional tasks where required.
Our ideal candidate will have/be;
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in the installation, maintenance and servicing of a wide product base of access control systems, fire alarms (Gent), CCTV systems and intruder alarm systems.
* Previous electromechanical experience
* An IT qualification and or Electrical/Electronic qualification
* A broad technical IT knowledge, i.e. Installing various Windows Operating Systems; networking etc.
* Knowledge of basic electrical principals such as measuring voltage and current drain
* Good attention to detail in order to ensure that all paperwork is correctly completed, and procedures are followed within the allotted timescales.
* An enthusiastic team player who is able to work well under pressure and maintain a professional approach at all times.
* Comfortable working irregular hours and being on a 24/7 call rota
* 5-year checkable employment history & Right to work in UK/EU unrestricted
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* GENT training certification, experience of EXACQ CCTV systems, experience with Honeywell Galaxy intruder alarm systems and any FIA accredited fire qualifications would be desirable.
eSift have been appointed as the resource partner and we are managing this role on behalf of our client. To apply for this position please click on the "apply now" button below. Your CV will then be held on our central database, if for any reason you do not wish us to retain your details please contact us via .