OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
The Risk Management Office for EMEA (ERMO) is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, liquidity, credit and operational risk exposures arising from MUFG Bank's business activities, acting independently of the business and providing an effective challenge process. The EMEA Country Risk team within the Credit Strategies Group (CSG) is responsible for
leading an appropriate country risk appetite and establishing monitoring frameworks within ERMO. It also serves the function of being an advisor to internal stakeholders and contributes to the country grades and policy process within MUFG Bank.NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
OneMAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The role requires the writing of reports under the supervision of the line manager, (or his appointed deputy). The role holder will contribute to senior management forums as required by the line manager and support the division in
- terms of its country grade process input, statistical provision and establishment and enhancement of EMEA Country Risk monitoring systems for all countries in the region as required.
- Support with the provision of country risk research and opinion within the European Risk Management Office for the wider Bank. This will include the attendance of relevant meetings externally, as and when required.
- Update existing and add new Excel workbooks in order to enhance the quality of EMEA Country Risk research products in an efficient and accurate manner, with a primary focus upon Europe and Eastern Europe. This will include the establishment of an efficient filing system for the region's research and databases.
- Deliver and contribute to presentations, discussions and forums within the Bank on the EMEA region when required by the line manager.
- Participate in the internal country grading process, particularly with respect to administrative tasks.
- Make written contributions in the form of country risk reports and ad-hoc notes under the line managers, (or his nominated deputy's) supervision.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience working in a research post in another bank or economics research institution.
- Experience and knowledge of bank products and policy formulation.
- Sovereign debt restructuring and/or ratings agency exposure.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and keeping to set-down work guidelines.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Working knowledge of statistical modelling and economic forecasting model work.
Education / Qualifications:
- An ability to write in clear and disciplined manner that is commensurate with working in a Bank.
- BA (Honours) in Economics/Economic History/ Development Economics, or a similar field.
Preferred: MA in a similar degreePERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- An ability to communicate effectively and openly with the line manager (or his deputy) within the EMEA Country Risk Team.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements