An established Wealth Manager in London is looking to hire a Project Analyst / Portfolio analyst who can work in a team that looks after a portfolio of projects to improve the efficiency of the business. This role will focus specifically on an enterprise wide Risk framework in conjuction with the Project Team. My client is looking for someone who can play a key role in the development and delivery of a change portfolio, programme and project governance as well as leading on portfolio risk management.
Ideally you will have accrued at least 3 years portfolio / Project management experience in financial services. In addition, your knowledge of portfolio processes will have been grounded in practitioner accreditation across the leading portfolio, programme and project methodologies, i.e. P30, Prince2, MSP and MoP.
The knowledge and experience outlined above should be supplemented by a can-do attitude, strong writing skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work confidently with the firm's leadership team.Role Objective
Play a key role in the development, support and delivery of a portfolio of projects, programme and project governance as well as working closely with the head of Risk on Risk initiatives. Role Functions
Essential Skills and Attitude
- Collaborate with project managers, Business analysts to improve the risk management process across projects and the portfolio as a whole.
- Collaborate with project managers in order to create a regular flow of firmwide communications about the progress that we are making towards our project delivery and benefits targets.
- Refine and administer the processes by which we prioritise the book of work. Thereafter, provide high quality reporting which is bespoked to different stakeholder audiences.
- Refine and administer the processes by which we manage interdependencies across the book of work.
- Refine and administer the processes by which we monitor resource capacity and resource allocation. Thereafter, provide high quality reporting which is bespoked to different stakeholder audiences.
- Support the ongoing governance and assurance arrangements, especially around the creation of roadmaps.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Analytical skills with the ability to delve into detail alongside seeing the bigger picture.
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Practical working knowledge of risk amongst other project control processes and tools
- Strong communicator with effective negotiation skills, able to work effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Competent and confident in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project and Confluence.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Familiar with the principles of portfolio, programme and project methodologies.
- Over 3 years Project experience in financial services.
- Prior experience of introducing new project processes which add structure to a complex organisation
- Practitioner accreditation in the leading portfolio, programme and project methodologies, i.e. P30, Prince2, MSP and MoP.
- Prior experience of delivering projects
- Thorough understanding of the way that a wealth management firm operates.