We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we'll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.Job Description
Due to our expansion plans, we are looking to hire an ERP and HCM Bid & Proposal Consultant to work in our UK Sales team to support and develop our already strong footing in the UK market. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to develop their career learning how to sell and deliver technology solutions.
The fast-paced role will be part of a successful, growing team focused on opportunities in current and potential customers. The team is made up of sales and account managers, who generate new opportunities and/or lead on responses to large tenders/proposals across new and existing customers.
The successful candidate will be able to work on multiple projects at one time and will be have several elements to their role:
- Support large sales opportunities developed both directly through our Commercial team or through our strategic technology partnerships.
- Potentially lead on smaller sales opportunities/bids independently or with oversight from a salesperson in the team.
- Support the execution of contracts awarded to Version 1 - client engagement, commercials, contracting, delivery practice engagement, project mobilisation.
- Over time, the role may expand to include account management of specific customer accounts and partner engagements with Oracle depending on the level of experience and/or career aspirations of the successful candidate.
The candidate will manage, support and deliver on the production of bids and tender responses. The role holder will need to work across account managers, project managers, sales executives and delivery consultants to ensure the best quality bids are prepared and submitted and managed; this will include preparation of documentation, tender responses, case studies and undertaking demonstrations during the selection process for large consulting project or managed services bids.
The role will ideally be based out of our Edinburgh or Belfast office; however, we will also consider candidates who wish to be based at any of our other offices e.g. London, Dublin or Birmingham.Job Objectives
- Liaise with other members of the UK Sales team to support both small and large sales opportunities, including leading on and supporting bids, preparation and management of all bid and sales materials.
- Provide input to the pre-qualification process to ensure all customer sales opportunities and bids are fully qualified and identified as winnable
- Preparation and delivery of Prospect and Client presentations of Version 1 propositions to customers and at various Version 1 customer events.
- Liaise with Partner Account Managers and Sales Support teams to ensure successful delivery of presentations and tender responses to Prospects and Clients
Support all levels of the Bid process lifecycle, including:
- Produce and maintain bid brief and ensure win strategy is reflected in answers
- Bid Planning and Production
- Identify resource requirements
- Act as a single point of contact for bid team
- Maintain Bid Site/Documentation
- Drive commercial review approvals process
- Edit contributions to bid
- Collate and maintain risk registers and manage risk process in accordance with company standards and delivery governance
- Monitor and report bid and production costs
- Produce post bid review and handover documentation
Contribution to bid strategies to maximise our chance of winning as well as working with the team to develop pipeline through proactive Lead Generation and Market Research in current and prospective customers. QualificationsYou will have:
- Strong written skills in order to complete tender and internal documentation to a high standard - you must have excellent Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills (Graphic Design skills also beneficial). You'll be highly attentive to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a focus on consistent quality. You'll be capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management, while recognising and flagging issues outside area of own expertise.
- Experience of working in a marketing, communications or business development environment (experience of the UK Public Sector an added advantage)
- Ideally, understanding or experience in working in ERP and/or HCM IT Services and technology solutions environment
- Influencing skills: the ability to get people at multiple levels to deliver what you need on time and with high quality, even though they won't report to you will be critical to the success of the role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage at all levels across an organisation internally and externally
- Experience of building good customer relationships.
- Good numerical skills
... and you'll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we'd love to speak with you.Additional InformationGraham RyanUK&I Strategic Talent Manager
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91619709