The primary purpose of the Interim Application Support Specialist role is provide specialist application support for an extensive range of in-service clinical and non-clinical 3rd party applications.Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of technical support service (incidents, service requests, problems & changes) for application users .
- Upgrade, migrate and decommission applications as required.
- Respond to, investigate and resolve in a timely manner application incidents logged on the ICT Service Desk system.
- Production and maintenance of application documentation.
- Liaison with third party service providers and suppliers. This will include coordinating vendors and business users, and underpinning infrastructure in liaison with other members of the ICT Directorate.
- Provide information to the Interim Head of Enterprise Applications regarding information and progress updates for interaction with other managers for the timely delivery of new applications, upgrades to existing applications, and the decommissioning of redundant applications.
- Prioritise workload and tasks to ensure that the most critical issues facing clinical users are dealt with at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Provide information for the creation of presentations covering recent, on-going or proposed areas of work to groups throughout the organisation.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Provide regular and timely reporting of application-related issues, problems, failures and successes to the senior ICT managers.
- Strong communicator and able to express technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Minimum 4 years technical/application support experience gained within a busy NHS IT operations department.
- Strong written skills to write and maintain technical manuals and SOPs.
- Experience of troubleshooting technical problem with applications installed on PCs and Server architectures.
- Abillity to reprioritize work as required by unexpected events.
- Experience of commissioning, installing, testing , troubleshooting new applications and customising and migrating existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Technical Expertise in at least 4 of the following areas:
- Windows Server 2008, 2012r2, 2016
- SAN and RAID environments
- Active Directory Administratio
- Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP/IP
- Server configuration / drive sizing
- Technical Familiarity required in at least 5 of the following areas:
- MS SQL Server 2008, 2012, 20
- Oracle 11G + and Oracle forms support
- IIS, Apache, Linux, MySQL
- Drupal, Joomla and WordPress
- Switches, Hubs, Firewalls & Routers
- PowerShell, VBscript, WMI
- Strong software troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Managing the delivery with third party suppliers.
- Aptitude for sharing knowledge with other members of the team
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
- 6 months at a band-8a equivalent daily rate within IR35.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91618533