Permanent Desktop Support Engineer
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of support, both remotely and at customer premises working with computer users to resolve problems and answer questions on a variety of hardware components and software programs.
Experience and Knowledge:
- An understanding of the Citrix Virtualisation technology suite Supporting and maintaining XenApp server farms
- Windows Server technologies (Active Directory Group Policies, Remote Desktop Services, IIS, Certificate Services etc)
- Supporting and maintaining XenDesktop sites, services, components and Desktops
- Supporting and maintaining Citrix Provisioning Services workloads
- Linux and/or XenServer experience particularly in virtualising high end graphics
- An understanding of Datacentre virtualisation technologies (VMware ESXi, XenServer, SAN technologies, Converged Infrastructure etc)
- An understanding of network technologies (TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP/DNS, Firewall etc)
- Supporting and Maintaining Cisco UCS
- Basic PowerShell & scripting
Due to the nature of the organisation, it is expected that all staff will work on a 24/7 rota, comprised of 4 days on 4 days off rotating between day and night shifts each week (07:00-19:00/19:00-07:00).
Any shifts worked between 19:00-07:00 will result in a 20% uplift in pay per shift.
Please be mindful of this shift pattern before applying.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91617351