LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is looking to recruit a Software Engineer to work on our Cloud based, high volume, high speed data systems, which supply data to the Insurance Industry. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a passion for technology and a desire to push boundaries whilst serving as a source of expertise to join a highly experienced team in our Nottingham office.
Excellent PHP knowledge vital with some experience in Java would be a bonus. Previous AWS/cloud experience would be advantageous along with any API or microservice experience.
The role is quite varied but has a strong focus on expanding our platform, developing and maintaining APIs, security, responding to incidents and general system improvements.
The successful application will join an existing team that includes great benefits and a competitive salary.
Salary: Up to 40k Depending on experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Understanding of Agile Software development process.
• Proficiency with data manipulation languages.
• Understanding of data modeling principles.
• Ability to work with complex data models.
• Expertise in test-driven development
• Familiarity in industry best practices.
• Good knowledge of architectural principles.
• Expertise in development languages including but not limited to: PHP, Java/J2EE, XML and SQL.
• Expertise in Linux
• Experience of working with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and Google. Specific knowledge of AWS would be advantageous.
• Good problem-solving experience and diagnostic skills required to troubleshoot/diagnose project issues.
• Good time management and change management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication (verbal and written)
• Serve as a technical point of contact for external technology resources
• Provide design input across a product
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalise requirements
• Review portions of specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity
• Complete bug fixes
• Design and work with complex data models
• Resolve technical issues as necessary
• All other duties as assigned
We're a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects.
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91387389