DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives. We are looking for a talented Digital Project Manager to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
In this role you will lead the end-to-end delivery of digital projects for the highly visible People and Capability drive to increase 'Digital Confidence & Capability', occasionally managing several projects at once. You'll play a big part in making 'Digital' something that we do as a whole organisation, and not just on our expert tech teams.Delivery. Work. Projects.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- You will ensure projects are commercially viable and deliver value, considering impacts and opportunities for existing services and products.
- You will manage a varied stakeholder environment, set the pace for delivery and work with internal teams and/or external suppliers to deliver successfully.
- You will reflect on your project management practice and adapt it for overall success in an increasingly agile environment.
- You will coach or mentor more junior members of the delivery community and play an active part in building the Community of Practice.
Details. Wages. Perks.
- Demonstrable evidence of leading the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects.
- Significant experience of communicating complex digital issues in a way that is easy to understand in order to build collaborative and trusting relationships
- Demonstrable evidence of actively seeking out digital initiatives and understanding the extent of the impact they will have across the organisation.
- Experience of providing honest, motivating and enthusiastic messages about Digital priorities, objectives and expectations to get the best out of our people.
- Experience of actively building and maintaining a network of colleagues to achieve progress on shared objectives.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in your choice of London or Manchester: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £64,656 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via