Have you delivered Cloud and Infrastructure technology solutions?
Do you have experience of working in complex Enterprise environments? Do you want to make an impact that matters and help diverse organisations in their Cloud adoption path? Do you want to take the lead in establishing new ways of thinking about IT infrastructure, automation and software development? Do you like variety and fast pace environments?
Cloud Technology presents exciting and disruptive opportunities for both our clients and ourselves. We are looking for people to join our team who embrace change and bring us ever greater breadth and depth of expertise. The quality of our technical skills is enhanced through your practical knowledge of implementation and our ability to learn from each other.
Our Cloud Engineering team supports the CIO/CTO to set the right agenda to transform IT and the business. We have a strong industry focus and we execute on our advice, working with colleagues across Deloitte to lead Cloud Transformation programmes that set technology direction. We need curious people that will drive change in the technology operating model to adapt to the changing demands of Cloud and other disruptive trends.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
Your role will be an integral part of consulting teams focused on delivering Cloud technology advice to our clients, identifying solutions to their issues as appropriate.
You will have responsibilities for:
Your work, your choice
- Working on strategies, transformation roadmaps, operating models, business cases to help clients with their cloud adoption journey
- Demonstrating an understanding of cloud technologies and vendors, and keen interest in emerging cloud services offered by cloud providers
- Showcasing knowledge of 1-2 industry areas and how enterprise IT operates within them
- Understanding of cloud based software development practices, infrastructure as code, and DevSecOps; first-hand experience (academic or professional) is preferred
- Designing and implementing technical strategies to optimise Cloud spend
- Performing and supporting activities on Cloud Transformation and Migration engagements
- Supporting the continued growth of our business by contributing to propositions, training, marketing, communications and recruitment activities
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Your professional experience
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate skills and experience in some of the following:
- Understanding of Cloud and infrastructure technologies
- Knowledge of modern software development practices and frameworks
- Application of DevOps using CI/CD
- Operating in an agile environment
- Assessment of an organisation's IT footprint and development of technology architectures
- Experience in assessing and designing Cloud target operating models
- Experience in delivering Cloud Transformation and Migration projects
- An understanding of emerging and innovative technologies, and how to shape IT strategy and delivery in order to leverage those technologies
- A graduate degree
Additional desirable experience includes:
Your service line: Consulting
- Working towards certification in established Cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Familiarity with industry-recognised methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, ITIL)
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BABSOP CFTECH LOCOFFICE
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 179142