Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.comDepartment overview
Nomura's investment banking division provides a vast array of advisory and capital-raising solutions to corporations, financial institutions, governments and public-sector organizations around the world. Our global teams act as geographic, product and industry specialists.
Our global teams act as geographic, product and industry specialists, with a focus on domestic, regional and cross-border collaboration in M&A, DCM, Equity Advisory, and solutions businesses. Our global sector teams include FIG, Natural Resources and Power, BMT, Consumer Retail, and Financial Sponsors.
UK Investment Banking is the one of the highest profile teams within the Investment Banking Division, reflecting the importance the UK's status as the largest market for investment banking fees in Europe. The team seeks to build and maintain long-term relationships with major UK corporates and private equity firms,
- Typical work includes a mix of execution and client coverage including: valuation, financial analysis, strategic analysis, due diligence, deal financing and process management
- Required to co-ordinate and work with all other product, geography and industry teams, including: M&A, Leverage Finance, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Advisory and Risk Solutions
- Opportunity to work on a range of transaction types for both public and private clients including: sell-side M&A, buy-side M&A and leveraged buyouts
Desired profile, qualifications and knowledge required:
Nomura competenciesTrusted Partner
- Experience of working within M&A within Investment Banking or a boutique advisory firm preferred, focus on UK market & exposure to UK public takeovers desirable
- Distinctive academic record: consistently highly rated versus their peer group
- Solid analytical skills, including ability to perform data analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to interact confidently with clients and banking professionals
- Team work - experience of working in a project based environment with tight deadlines and as part of a broader team
- English as a first language - highly articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understand clients' needs and issues, and respond with high-quality proposals
- Acquire capabilities to perform one's responsibilities and contribute to being a Trusted Partner
- Produce new ideas that might challenge the status-quo or oneself
- Seek advice from senior colleagues and utilize it for improved results
- Collaborate with members from relevant departments
- Contribute to the success of the organization both quantitatively and qualitatively, and act with awareness of the impact on others
- Serve as role model and provide guidance to junior employees
- Have a good understanding of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance, risk management, and code of conduct, and make decisions and take actions accordingly
Right to Work:
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.