Description About this role EII EMEA Global Markets (ETFs) BlackRock
BlackRock is trusted to manage more money than any other investment manager in the world, helping millions of people and the world's biggest institutions and governments reach their investing goals. We challenge businesses to reach higher standards by leading with purpose and promoting policies and practices that support long-term value creation. We use technology to think beyond what is possible and bring greater transparency to investing while democratizing access.
Our promise to our clients is to deliver products and services that provide clarity on the financial markets to help influence better investments decisions. ETF and Index Investing (EII)
BlackRock's ETF Index Investment team develops and manages investment solutions involving multiple strategies and asset classes. The global team includes more than 145 portfolio managers, quantitative analysts, investment strategists, research analysts. We partner with clients to solve their investment and liability challenges by understanding their objectives, advising on solutions, and designing and implementing strategies that meet or exceed goals. EMEA Global Markets (ETFs)
Global Markets Team protects ETF Trading and works to develop the ETF trading ecosystem.
In our team we are:
- Risk Managers for daily ETF trading. We are responsible for spread controls and development of processes to supervise both creation and redemption orders, as well as on exchange trading.
- ETF Ecosystem developers advancing the ETF user experience and aligning the industry. They reduce frictions in equity and fixed income market structure to improve ETF primary and secondary market processes.
- Product Managers working with both internal and external partners to promote ETF trading and adjacent businesses such as ETF lending and options, alongside working with technology teams to develop bespoke tools/analytics.
In this role, you will:
Be at the center of the European ETF trading ecosystem by:
- Serving as a relationship manager with various external parties such as brokers, market makers, exchanges etc. and by acting as a primary contact for multiple teams internally for queries on trading iShares.
- Conduct quantitative data analysis to facilitate business decision making.
- Build data sets from multiple sources, using analytical tools and languages (SQL, python, VBA), to produce insights for management, sales teams and clients.
- Improve risk manageme nt and product integrity through automation
- Collaborate with colleagues across BlackRock to deliver, innovative solutions to provide ETF trading expertise to clients.
- Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality with keen attention to detail
- The ability to communicate efficiently in a fast-paced environment and take care of multiple time sensitive tasks at a time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy, self-motivated individual, dedication to excellence
- Must possess the desire and ability to work in a team-orientated environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills a must (VBA, python, SQL)
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Engineering is helpful
- Have gained, or are working towards an IMC desirable
- Knowledge of an additional European language is an advantage
- Experience in Fixed Income is an advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.