A fantastic opportunity has risen for a Windows Systems Engineer
to join our busy ever-expanding business, working in a rewarding and challenging environment where the company's needs are always evolving which also means using new and exciting technologies.The Role!
Based in either our Camberley or Leeds office (depending on your home location), with occasional travel to other offices within the UK and internationally as required. The Windows System Engineer will be responsible for creating customer specific Windows builds that install from a single installation media on various Self-Service Devices.
This position works typical office hours, however, there may be a need for occasional after hours and some potential weekend work where required. This is the ideal role for a candidate who has extensive background in Windows OS systems management/configuration and enjoys bringing their skills and experiences to a new working environment to build upon their current capabilities.
Some of the duties are:
- Software development, test, and support for 3rd party applications.
- Design Documentation writing, review, and issue
- Creation of MS OS builds, images, and associated installation media
- Strict Version and Document controls
- Support of financial / banking Hardware devices.
- Customer query ownership and resolution.
- Project Support and Change Control
- Teamwork and communication
Please be aware all successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment screening process inclusive but not limited to; criminal record check, employment/education referencing etc.
- Experience using Windows imaging techniques including but not limited to sysprep, ghost, WIM etc.
- Scripting in PowerShell, JS, batch or similar to automatically install components
- Remote Distribution techniques understood e.g., Tivoli, SCCM and scripting within those
- User account configuration knowledge preferable
- Experience with GIT, Agile methodology and working within CI/CD pipelines preferable
- Active Directory knowledge desirable
- Generation of secure distributable media desirable
- Experience of working with Jira, Confluence
- Software Development degree or equivalent experience
You will also show our organisational behaviours, which are:
- Make it happen- taking personal responsibility and being flexible to get things done
- Respect- listening and promoting a positive image of Cennox
- Business sense- understanding what's best for the business and making sound decisions