Deputy Precision Engineering ManagerSalary: £30,000 - £35,000Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:30pmLocation: Biggin Hill, WesterhamPerks: Free parking available. Enrolled into an annual bonus scheme. Company pension. Summer and winter staff socials. Progression to full Manager within a few months.
We are looking to speak with experienced CNC Machinists who are looking to progress their career by managing and growing a busy CNC and manual Precision Engineering workshop. Our client's current Precision Engineering Manager is retiring in August and they are looking for someone to join the company now to facilitate a smooth transition.
Your duties will involve learning from the current Manager; working with customers to answer their questions, guide them, quote them and process their orders; and machining. When in the Manager role you will find new customers; find ways to increase the turnover of the department; material ordering; resource planning; and overseeing machine maintenance.
This role would suit someone who has a number of years' experience of working within a workshop and assisting with the management side of it. Our client uses both milling and turning machines on a number of different controls, so it is desirable that the successful candidate will have worked with both.Who will you be working for?
Our client is a well-established engineering company who arelooking to grow their workshop team. They take pride in having low staff turnaround, nurturing staff development and providing excellent products with good customer service. This role will be at the forefront of this.Typical day to day duties
The ideal candidate will:
- To help with the day to day running of the workshop
- To process orders of materials and stock
- To stay in contact with existing customers to know their needs
- To help grow the sales side of the business to increase turnover
- Develop and maintain plans to ensure targets are being met
- To help with the running of the machines
- Working closely with other members of staff whilst helping oversee the team
- Have worked within a CNC workshop before
- Have experience of overseeing a CNC workshop
- Have experience with milling and turning machines, both CNC and manual
- Have worked with either Haas or Fanuc Controls
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, then please apply now for immediate consideration. Alternatively, if you would like further information please give us a call and ask for Stuart.