Teaching Personnel are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced SEN Teacher to work at a client SEN provision based in Newport. This is a thriving school which provides education for boys and girls aged between 5 and 19 years old who have Special educational needs. This is an exciting opportunity to join a specialist school and play a key role in the development and learning of their students. The SEN Teacher will become part of a team that specialises in delivering a curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give the students the best possible educational outcomes.
The students at this specialist school benefit from a unique, bespoke creative curriculum with strategic support from multidisciplinary teams of therapists, and we are looking for the next member of our teaching team to enhance their learning experience.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable ASC young people to learn
- Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Head teacher
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
Person Specification (Essential)
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASC
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
- QTS Primary or Secondary.
If you feel you have any of the skills shown above please feel free to get in touch with Matt our SEN specialist, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.