PLEASE NOTE: You MUST register and apply on our AQA Job Portal in order for your application to be considered for this roleAt AQA, we're committed to advancing education and we're committed to our people. As the largest provider of academic qualifications in the UK, we mark over seven million GCSEs and A-levels each year and it's our people who make this happen.Executive AssistantGuildfordPermanent£31,445 - £36,128 + additional benefits
We are recruiting a professional Executive Assistant
to provide exceptional administrative and organisational support for our Director of Finance and Corporate Services. You will be resourceful, self-motivated, proactive and confident in taking responsibility. You will be part of a high-performing team supporting the execution of a range of projects within the remit of the Finance & Corporate Services Division. You are likely to have at least 2 years' experience within a similar role supporting a senior director.
The role is full time but we may be able to accommodate a 4 day week for the right candidate
In addition to the usual responsibilities associated with an Executive Assistant role, we are looking for someone who is:
- a confident communicator who can show empathy to others whilst also being assertive when necessary
- proactive with an ability to work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively across the organisation
- confident in working and building relationships with senior teams and external stakeholders, maintaining a high level of professionalism
- able to show excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise multiple duties in order to meet deadlines
- a confident decision-maker
- able to demonstrate a high level of competence in MS Offices packages
- experienced in providing some project management support
- able to produce clear agendas, effective actions, reports and other written material such as a divisional staff newsletter on behalf of the Director
- used to working flexibly and willing to help out in within a broad range of tasks to ensure timely solutions
- at all times able to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in all areas of their work.
At AQA we recognise our employees' contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
How to apply
- 25 days' annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- 35 hour working week
- excellent contributory pension (6% - 11.5% dependent on employee contribution)
- life assurance
- an enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering support with counselling, legal advice and money matters
- access to Learning space, a modern Learning Management System, providing an environment for agile, self-directed learning from high quality e-learning content
- cycle to work scheme
- interest free travel loans.
Please upload your CV and covering letter via our AQA job portal.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 25 January 2021
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our advert sooner.
First interviews to be held 2, 3 and 4 February 2021.
Second interviews to be held 9 February 2021.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.
Department currently working remotely, successful candidate is likely to be onboarded remotely but with view to being office based long term. Recruitment Agencies
We have a preferred supplier list (PSL) in place.
Unsolicited CVs will be treated as a gift. We will not be subject to or liable under your terms and conditions for agency fees.About AQA
AQA are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2019 we awarded over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 1000 people across six locations and work with around 27,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.