This is a unique career opportunity to be part of a truly remarkable transformation programme which will implement the largest and most ambitious pathology transformation in the UK in partnership with two of the largest and most prestigious NHS foundation trusts: Guy's and St Thomas' and King's College Hospital.
SYNLAB is the European market leader for human medicine laboratory services. In the UK, we are proud to partner with the NHS to provide diagnostic pathology testing services including the most innovative molecular and genetic diagnostic and digital pathology tests available. We also provide private sector pathology services, including COVID testing, workplace drug and alcohol testing and advanced veterinary testing.
SYNLAB is partnering with Guy's and St Thomas' and King's College Hospital Foundation Trusts in a joint venture to deliver pathology services to the Trusts and to GPs across South East London. The South East London Pathology Transformation Programme will deliver a state of the art hub and spoke pathology service delivering over 35m tests per annum at a lower cost and with improved turnaround times in order to improve the quality and accessibility of diagnostics testing and enhance patient outcomes.
We are seeking a dynamic and talented IT Programme Manager with significant experience in leading complex healthcare IT programmes, preferably with experience in pathology services. Purpose
The IT Programme Manager will ensure the successful delivery of IT systems and associated business process change for the South East London Pathology Transformation Programme.
This is a hands-on, delivery focussed role, with overall responsibility for the successful delivery of a broad range of IT components for the Pathology Transformation Programme including: a blood transfusion laboratory information management system (LIMS), IT infrastructure for the new pathology hub and essential service laboratories (ESLs), business intelligence reporting (operational, financial and clinical), business analysis, information security (implementation of ISO27001), order communications for primary care, remediation of legacy IT systems and systems integration (including integration to the Epic Beaker LIMS which will be implemented as part of the Trusts' EHR programme). Key responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive IT implementation plan for the South East London Pathology Transformation Programme in collaboration with the overall Programme Manager, the Epic beaker LIMS Programme Manager, Pathology Transformation Workstream Leads, suppliers and colleagues from the NHS Trusts (Guy's and St Thomas' and King's College Hospital) as well as primary care and mental health trusts.
- Responsible for the delivery of IT systems and services to agreed specification, budget and timescales.
- Responsible for managing change where required (eg order comms).
- Responsible for developing a high performing programme team, which will include matrix management of some team members.
- Work collaboratively with the Epic Beaker LIMS Programme Manager to identify interdependencies and ensure alignment.
- Management and control of the IT Workstream budget with accurate cost forecasting in conjunction with Finance colleagues.
- Ensure the IT Programme complies with the agreed programme management methodology.
- Manage programme level issues, risks and interdependencies with all other workstreams.
- Oversee all systems integration including integration with the Epic Beaker LIMS.
- Ensure comprehensive, end to end test planning and execution.
- Build trusted working relationships with all SYNLAB and NHS stakeholders (IT, IG, clinical, operational etc).
- Management of suppliers and their deliverables, ensuring positive and effective working relationships and ensuring that suppliers deliver to contractual commitments.
- Provision of timely IT Workstream programme reporting on progress, risk and issues, dependencies and costs vs budget.
- Ensure programme benefits are identified, baselined and tracked with appropriate business ownership.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Successful track record of leading and delivering complex IT programmes in a healthcare environment, including change management
- Significant experience with LIMS and other pathology related systems
- Significant experience working with NHS IM&T organisations
- Strong financial management experience
- Significant experience of team leadership and team development
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including senior clinical stakeholders
- Experience with EPR/EHR integration
- Experience with IT solution architecture and design
- Extensive IT test management experience
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure including servers, networks (LAN and WAN), data centres and cloud computing
- Excellent understanding of information governance and information security and experience of implementing ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Project management qualification