Find your place with us and help change lives.
Hft is a national charity and a leading force in supporting people with learning disabilities and their families. A truly nationwide organisation, we support over 2,500 people through innovative, person-centred services with a strong focus on promoting independence.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our IT Department in Bristol.
The ICT Operations Manager will Lead and manage the ICT Operations function, including the Service Desk, taking responsibility for the day to day operation and support to staff of Hft' ICT services. They will be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation, upgrade, configuration, operation, administration and maintenance of Hft Infrastructure Network & Databases. Ensuring a high level of performance, security and reliability in a Microsoft Windows, Hyper-V virtualised environment.
The ICT Operations Manager will ensure the provision of expert technical advice to maximise the efficient and effective use of ICT Services across Hft. Under the direction of the Director of IT they will ensure the ICT operations team members have the required knowledge and skills to effectively support and develop Hft ICT systems
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Working from home will be part of the role along with possible travel to Hft sites
What we Offer
Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also, an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options. Access to award winning training and development - Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care 'Centre of Excellence' provider status. Annual staff award scheme - The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme. 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays). A contributory pension scheme & life assurance.
You will have experience managing a team of skilled IT staff providing key infrastructure and systems support to a large organisation.
You will have:
• Up to date knowledge of technology, hardware and software developments. Including Cisco switches, routers, VLAN, SAN, firewall
• Database administration, design and development (SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 including Reporting Services)
• Experience of designing and implementing network architectures (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IPv4 / IPv6, VPN)
• Windows Server 2008R2/2012 /2016 environments
• Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013
• Microsoft Azure
• Microsoft Data Protection Manager
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
• Data security - backups, protection, defence against Malware/Ransomware
• Ability to acquire knowledge of new computer systems very rapidly
• Committed to learn and take personal responsibility for your own learning and development
The following are desirable but not essential:
Closing date: Monday 1st February 2021
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
You may have experience or an interest in the following: IT Manager, Escalations Manager, Senior IT Support Engineer, ITIL, Incident Manager, Helpdesk Manager, IT Operations Manager, Third Sector, Charity, Not for Profit, NFP etc.