This is an amazing opportunity for a Solidworks Design Engineer to join an innovative company as they introduce their technology to the market. Work on complex mechanical engineering problems to produce advanced manufacturing equipment.Client Details
Michael Page are working exclusively with a business based in Greater Manchester who are leading the development of advanced technology in a critical industry. Working in partnership with commercial customers and generating a significant amount of investment through innovation and governmental grants they are ready to step onto the next level.Description
We are searching for a talented Solidworks Design Engineer to initially join on a contract basis. This is to complete all detailed design and simulation work for a proof of concept project. The expectation is that this role will become permanent.Profile
The successful Solidworks Design Engineer will demonstrate:
- Expert SolidWorks skills - to include ability to generate and design around spline paths
- Solidworks Simulation Premium experience - simulation of design stress and strain under pressure and temperature
- 3D printing - .stl file generation, bespoke training will be provided on printer to be used
- Ability to 3D print and assemble mechanical designs
- Correlate CAD model to actual performance and adjust material data cards to suit, adjust CAD, rebuild, test for correct performance
- Ability to think in 3D with engineering maths skills to enable efficient design, scaling, curvilinear to linear translation and back.
In return you will receive a competitive contract rate and the opportunity to join the business permanently should the opportunity arise.