Optima Staffing Solutions is a premier provider of health and social care recruitment services including temporary, contract, locum, temp to perm and permanent positions.
We currently have an urgent requirement for Healthcare Assistants to work in Newbury, Bershire area. We can offer day and night shifts Monday to Sunday, also block bookings or locums.
We offer competitive rates and can pay into your limited company.Main duties and responsibilities:
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Assessing the needs and risks of service users on an ongoing basis
- Assisting nurses to provide holistic and therapeutic care to patients
- Engaging service users in activities plus escort on grounds or community leaves as appropriate
- Promoting independence, dignity and choice
- Promoting health, safety and well-being
- Risk assessment and care planning
- Minimum 1 year care experience working with vulnerable people, ideally within a sensory impairment environment.
- NVQ Level 2/3 is desirable but not mandatory
- Current DBS
- Relevant Healthcare Training
- Right to work in the U.K.
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work well in a team and also able to work independently using your own initiative
- Great attitude in working with vulnerable individuals
- Competent in doing vital signs, updating food and fluid charts and turning charts.
- Reliable, punctual and committed to making a difference in the lives of others
- Up to date mandatory trainings
- Driver with own car is an added advantage
- MINIMUM MUST HAVE 6 MONTHS EXPERIENCE IN A HOSPITAL ENVIRONMENT