This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, keen to learn and enthusiastic individual, looking to carve their career as an Accounts Assistant. You will be working for an expanding company based in Banbury, the role is permanent, full time, and joining a growing (and busy!) support team. It is a progressive role and the right candidate will develop over the next few months until taking full responsibility for completing the majority of essential routine finance tasks.
It's the perfect opportunity for someone keen to study AAT, and someone looking develop with the company. The team have a welcoming and optimistic outlook, so if you enjoy working within a busy environment, filled with passion and energy, this is the role for you.
The company works within a social and people centric sector, where their relationships with their customers are exceptionally important. Therefore, having a smooth administration support to the team, to enable them to deliver ongoing excellence, is really important.As Accounts Admin Assistant you will be responsible for:
You must be/have:
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts to accounting system
- Monitor cashflow and monthly subscription costs
- Log AP invoices daily and make necessary weekly payments from bank
- Balance sheet reconciliations and ad-hoc reporting
- Monitor, control and report employee expenses
- Monthly assistance of customer payroll preparation and processing
- Analyse and investigate gross margins as part of a continuing project
- Quarterly VAT submission and reconciliations
- Monitor customer contracts issued through DocuSign
- Additional ad hoc duties - flexibility is required
What's in it for me?
- At least 1 year's finance experience with a basic understanding of how the general ledger works
- A-level or equivalent education and relevant training necessary
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office. Good knowledge of Excel is essential
- Study support offered for AAT
- A self-starter who can work alone or as part of a team
- Self-confident, showing initiative and with good judgement and decision-making capabilities
- Striving for constant improvement with a good eye for detail
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Keen to learn new computer systems and programs
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Confidentiality and discretion are essential
- A genuine interest in the business, with a passion to want to succeed in the role
The salary is £20,000 with £1,000 p.a. study support for AAT, 25 days holiday, life assurance, private medical after successful completion of probation and pension. Free parking available too! Hours of work are: 37.5 hour a week, 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.