Senior Delivery Manager Location: Anywhere across the UK Package: Salary + private healthcare + car allowance + flexible benefits + life assurance The Company
Sopra Steria helps government to solve today's big challenges. We combine technical expertise and delivery capability with vision to accelerate change and reimagine the way that public services are designed and delivered. We work with energy and integrity to create intelligent, highly secure, joined-up solutions that make a difference to everyday lives. We've been helping government to make a difference for 50 years, creating common systems and approaches, enabling government to work across multiple agencies and radically transform how public services are delivered. Empowering government to make a difference to everyone, every day.The Day Job
Sopra Steria is recruiting for Senior Delivery Manager to join our growing Government Sector. The Senior Delivery Manager is a newly created role and is responsible for leading the Technical Delivery Practice within the Delivery Services Centre of Expertise (CoE).
The Senior Delivery Manager will lead a large practice of technical skills (developers, analysts, etc) and will be responsible for the leadership, resource management, delivery excellence, strategy and line management of the practice.
The successful candidate will also need to shaper/influencer in terms of progressing our technical solutions or enabling us to develop new ways of working in line with our technical strategy.
The successful candidate will need to go through an SC Security clearance.Key Responsibilities
- Leadership: Provision of leadership both in terms of people management and in terms of personal and professional development for the staff in the Practice as well as being responsible for the introduction of new and developing methodologies and best practice relating to Application Development and Management.
- Resource Management & Recruitment: Ensuring that Sopra Steria allocates and assigns Practice members in an efficient and planned manner (supported by Practice Management, Operations and Resourcing) to ensure the overall practice utilisation targets are achieved and that resource usage is maximised, bench is minimised and that people have development plans in place aligned to the Practice, CoE and Sector strategies. Build, develop and maintain a capability of sufficient size and skills to meet current and forecasted obligations.
- Delivery Excellence: Maintain an oversight of resource assignments and applications developed and supported by the Sector in order to provide critical independent assessments, identify technical improvements/best practice and recommend corrective actions to support client management teams as appropriate and as necessary.
- Strategy: Responsibility for supporting the overall Delivery Service CoE Strategy and for developing and implementing a specific strategy for Technical Delivery.
- New Business: Contribute to and review technical aspects of new business opportunities
- Line Management: Direct line management responsibility for the more senior people in the practice. Responsibility for setting objectives, assisting and undertaking PDI's, Mid-Year Reviews, Performance Management and the approving and recommending of training for Practice members.
Reasons why you should apply to us
- The successful candidate should be highly experienced in the design, development and delivery of IT Applications with a proven track record of delivery.
- Experience of managing a large team or capability with development of staff either directly or indirectly.
- Good people management and people development skills.
- Practice experience across a broad breadth of an application delivery and management practice or external equivalent.
- Strong pre-sales and proposition development and solutioning skills and experience.
- Delivery Governance and Method understanding.
- High-level technical knowledge with application architecture experience.
- Good track record managing costs and budgets.
- We have an enviable client list - we work with some of the biggest names out there.
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count.
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo.
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions.
Get in touch for more details or to have a confidential discussion about whether this could be the opportunity for you.