Prospero Teaching is looking for a High-Level Teaching Assistant for an Ofsted "Outstanding" Primary school in Peckham, South London.
The school is a welcoming 1.5 form entry community Primary School with a dedicated teaching staff and a strong senior leadership team to ensure your continued development. This school aims high and seeks to distil a keen love of learning in all pupils.
The position is open to individuals holding either a HLTA qualification or a Teaching Assistant with significant experience, as you must be comfortable with having sole charge of the classroom for some lessons. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.POSITION DETAILS:
Location: Peckham, South London
Position: High Level Teaching Assistant
Role: Supporting reception classes with phonics lessons, overseeing class library time, supervising art and/or spelling lessons, ensuring students safety and well being
Start date: March 2021
Duration: Rolling contract with the view to go permanent
Contract type: Temporary
Full / part time: Full time
Minimum rate of pay: Minimum rate of £80 per day
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm
Experience, training and Qualifications:
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- HLTA qualification or 3 years Teaching Assistant experience
- Experience working across the primary year groups
- Up to date safeguarding training issued in the last year
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team