ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technician to work within our Crane maintenance team in Stocksbridge, on an initial 6 month fixed term contract basis.
The Mechanical Technician role involves working as part of a team or at times alone, where all team members must be able to understand safe working procedures and apply recognised safety practices. Team members must be self-motivated and highly flexible.
The Stocksbridge facility has a wide variety of cranes including large and modern cranes and provides essential services to enable Stocksbridge to deliver hundreds of thousands of tonnes of specialised steel to our customers. Our cranes are critical to our success - come and be a part of it.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Mechanical Technician will undertake the following duties and responsibilities;
* Performing routine crane inspections
* Reporting on crane condition
* Performing planned maintenance tasks on cranes
* Performing injected repairs to cranes to meet customer demands
* Diagnose and rectify faults found from customer requests and implement solutions
* Perform root cause analysis as required, either alone or part of a team
* Actively increase crane availability
* Play an integral role in further developing best practice
The successful candidate will be an apprentice trained technician with significant experience in Mechanical inspection and repair work in a heavy industrial environment, preferably involving Crane maintenance and fault finding.
We are looking for a driven individual who wants to develop and broaden their skillset to enhance their career progression within Liberty Speciality Steels. The postholder will use the specialist training provided during their employment to drive for improvements.
The Mechanical Technician will ideally have a working knowledge of the following:-
* Gears and Drives, Couplings, Bearings and Wheels
* Stripping and assembly of Mechanical components
* Structures, particularly to Cranes and lifting equipment
* Working at height
* Inspection techniques for EOT and Jib Cranes
* Complex lifting and slinging
* Ropes and lifting equipment inspection qualifications
* Lubricants and Lubrication systems
* 39 days holiday
* Up to 16% combined pension contribution
* Access to Occupational Health
* Career progression
GREENSTEEL - Come and be a part of our vision for a brighter future for the UK steel industry. Our mission is to transform steel and related manufacturing into a global technology and product leader through our GREENSTEEL strategy. Integral to this plan is sustainability, which drives what we do by using renewable sources where possible to reduce our carbon footprint.
Liberty Speciality Steels, a division of Liberty Steel, plays a significant part to this plan. We are the largest recycler of Steel in the UK and through using Electric Arc Steelmaking, Vacuum Induction Melting, Mill processing and our dedicated service centres, we are able to produce and supply a variety of high-value precision-engineered products for Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Industrial Engineering, Bar and Narrow Strip