Title: Solar Farm Electrical Technician
Salary: £30,000 - 33,000 (DOE)
Description: Verelogic are currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician, for a highly established client, to ensure their solar plants achieve outstanding levels of safety, quality and performance at a cost that meets operational budget, as part of an industry leading team of renewable energy specialists.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified electrician and will ideally have experience operating and maintaining MW-scale solar plants and/or DC/HV Experience.
*You will need to be located near the operational plants & have a full driving licence*
Duties and Responsibilities
* Adherence to health and safety requirements always and helping to maintain and improve safety standards across the solar plants
* Undertaking planned inspection and maintenance according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements, Inspection, testing and maintenance of PV modules, DC strings and inverters
* Undertaking AC and DC testing, troubleshooting and fault-finding
* Carry out reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution in a timely manner. Troubleshooting and repairs on sensors and communication equipment including RS485, Ethernet and fibre optic networks
* Configuration of computer-based devices and components, including firmware updates
* Occasionally assisting with ground maintenance or mechanical work
* Carrying out inductions for sub-contractors and supervising their work
* Keeping accurate maintenance records and compiling reports
* Keeping in close communication with the O&M office
* Occasionally working away from home for training courses or to cover other sites for up to 1 week at a time
* Other duties commensurate with the role
Knowledge of central inverters is highly desirable, Principles of High Voltage operations, Strong technical understanding of AC, DC and communications networks, Good knowledge and understanding of solar PV technology
* DC installation, fault finding, testing and commissioning
* LV installation, fault finding, testing and commissioning
* Experience of working remotely without close supervision
* Solar PV installation experience (MW-scale or large commercial ground-mount)
* Experience installing or maintaining ethernet and fibre optic communications
* Experience working with SCADA or data monitoring systems
* Central inverter experience and High Voltage experience
* Fully qualified Electrician with UK driving licence
* Inspection and testing qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5) highly valued
* First aid qualifications, Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. IOSH, SSSTS, CSCS)
* Advanced electrical qualifications, Central inverter training qualifications
* High Voltage qualifications and authorisations are desirable
diverse workforce and supports a healthy work-life balance.
discounted green travel,
25 days holiday with options to buy/sell 5 days per annum
enhanced family leave and 4 volunteering days.
company vehicle, phone and laptop/tablet.
overtime system .
private health insurance
investment in role specific training - in-house training programme -encouraged to broaden experience to advanced levels such as an industry recognised HV Authorised Person (AP) or Senior Authorised Person (SAP)