** These posts will be part of a team to provide support to project managers as part of the ongoing response to Covid-19. Candidates will be expected to work on a rota basis including weekends and some evenings **Main Accountabilities
To deliver comprehensive and effective support to all aspects of the programme and project management. To provide software support tools advice to programme team members to include the use and exploitation of PmPoint, Sharepoint, MsProject, Visio and others.
Promote use of the PM SORP and Project Management Framework, specifically project status reporting and ensure conformance with agreed governance. In order to ensure that projects are defined, governed and managed in a consistent manner across the programme.
Establish consistent, fit for purpose processes and working practices across the programme team for key project processes such as status reporting, planning, risk/issue management and change control.
Embed and operate comprehensive and effective performance reporting processes for programme projects in line with the PM SORP in order to deliver the successful implementation of defined programmes and projects which are part of the progamme's corporate outcomes.
Provide assistance to the programme team in the use and exploitation of the available project management software tools, to include PmPoint, Sharepoint, MsProject and Visio. Promote and encourage the benefits of project standards and processes, influence and persuade the programme team and stakeholders of the value of following a disciplined approach and adopting the principles of the PM SORP and Project Management Framework.
Collecting, analysing and reporting on project specific and comparative management and performance information to meet all stakeholder requirements.
Contribute to the work of the programme team, providing project management support for business case development, planning and the application of common standards.
Identify opportunities to improve and/or simplify project processes and seek to remedy these through improved processes, improved compliance or coaching.
Act as a secretariat for Project Boards, providing professional advice and guidance in the appropriate use of the Programme's Project Management Framework and SORP.
Provide support to the LGR Integrated Programme staff in organising events, presenting reports, updating routine monitoring data such as the monthly budget and HR reports and generally maintaining programme data and information.ESSENTIAL CRITERIA
- Degree level or equivalent NVQ qualification or proven relevant experience of supporting business change.
- Formal project management training to at least PRINCE II Foundation level or equivalent.
- MS Office suite of programmes and Sharepoint, plus project specific support tools such as Ms Project, PmPoint and Visio 4.
- Knowledge of project / change management concepts and methodologies e.g.LEAN (or equivalent).
- Understanding of change management and its impact on people and processes.
- Understanding of the potential of ICT to deliver service and efficiency improvements.
- Knowledge of project management and organisational change / efficiency programmes.
- Knowledge of working with senior managers and providing challenge to working practices.
- Experience of taking a lead role within a project environment.
- Awareness of the National and Local Government agenda, current issues and challenges.
- Experience of analysing and solving complex process and systems problems and supporting others to develop this skill.
- Ability to successfully apply improvement methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gain the respect of multi- professional teams, enthuse and motivate individuals and teams.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to plan and deliver objectives within an agreed timeframe.
- Experience of effectively handling multiple, sometimes competing agendas, meeting challenging deadlines and delivering under pressure.
- Understanding of budget management including responsibility for financial planning.
- Ability to build rapport and credibility with senior managers, members and Corporate Directors.
- Ability to demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs.
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity and equality issues in both service provision and employment practices.