Boutique Investment Management and Advisory firm is looking to recruit a Part Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) Accountant to join its Corporate Accounting team. Based in London (with home working for the foreseeable).
Boutique Investment Manager and Advisory firm with offices in Central London.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be part of a small but critical team responsible for producing the accounts for a number of entities within the group.
Responsibilities will be broad and include:
- Producing Monthly Management Accounts for a number of entities
- Preparation of monthly Prepayments and Accruals, and other Balance Sheet Reconciliations (including cash, currency, and intercompany)
- Responsible for Purchase Ledger management including checking and processing all invoices and raising payments
- Raising all quarterly fee invoices and other ad-hoc invoices and ensuring payments are received
- Nominal Ledger - including posting monthly journals, monthly employee expenses (cash/credit card and travel)
- Processing and reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Maintain the company Fixed Asset Register
- Presentation of accounts to management
- Preparation of weekly Cash Flow forecasts
- Reconciliation and preparation of the quarterly VAT/GST returns and ensuring integrity of VAT records
- Preparation of the year-end audit file and draft financial statements, and main point-of-contact for the auditors
- Assistance with preparation of annual budgets and intra-year profit forecasts/other board data
- Assistance with preparation of corporation tax returns
- Preparation of periodic regulatory returns
- Ad hoc compliance requirements
You must be actively studying for your accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
Excellent academics profile - ideally 2.1 or 1st class degree from a Russell Group University
Excellent A Levels at grades A and B (ideally including Mathematics)
Excellent communication skills
Able to manage transactional ledgers as well as month end duties including journals, accruals, prepayments
Previous financial services experience preferred
Competitive salary and benefits package as well as full study support for ACA, ACCA or CIMA if required. Annual Bonus.