Amazon Vendor Services team is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to enhance data analytics and drive strategic business decision for our business.
The Business Analyst Amazon Vendor Services team is targeting to improve the value that Brand Specialists bring to their brands through enabling new business opportunities and improving efficiency and impact on recurrent processes. This role will work directly with multiple internal teams, vendors, and partners across the Amazon Vendor Services business line to solve complex data and analytics problems.
The Business Analyst will own the process of extracting, managing, and visualizing large datasets and help stakeholders within the organization to make correct business decisions. The candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools (excel, visualization tools, and some SQL), can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with business leaders. You are analytical, organized, and creative.
Key functions include:
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies
• Define the data elements and data structure that our team should leverage to enable analytical and reporting capabilities for our business development team
• Design and influence operational best practices for reporting and analytics to enable the team to scale as we grow presence in new and existing territories
• Preparing and delivering business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks
• Work with engineering and the data warehouse to enable the appropriate capture and storage of key data points
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
• Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, Finance, or related discipline or equivalent experience;
• Fluent written and verbal communication in English;
• 3+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role;
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and analytical platforms (e.g. SQL and Python);
• Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau;
• Analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results;
• Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
• Experience working within Finance, Retail Buying and Planning, Project Management, Supply Chain or Consulting
• Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)