Diversified Financial Services business with offices across the world is looking to hire an Accounts Assistant to join its London based team in the City. Excellent career progression and full study support will be given for ACA or ACCA.
A growing international financial services business with offices in the City of London, providing a range of services to the corporate, fund and investment industries.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, your responsibilities will be broad and include:
- Performing bookkeeping and preparing periodic reports
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory financial statements
- Assisting with processing payments
- Assisting with VAT returns
- Maintaining contact with auditors
- Assisting clients in incorporation and administration of asset holding vehicles, financing entities, and real estate companies
- Handling the day-to-day operations of companies and responding to clients' requests
- Assisting with client on-boarding including obtaining AML/KYC information
- Ad hoc tasks as required such as organisation of board and shareholders meetings
You must be graduate (ideally 2.1 or 1st) with a relevant subject (accounting, finance, mathematics, economics)
You must be currently working in an accounting role working with sound accounting principles.
You will have sound double entry bookkeeping skills - this will be tested at first stage of the interview.
Actively studying for the ACA or ACCA- ideally part qualified with exams sat (not just exemptions)
Excellent communicator and able to liaise with colleagues from different divisions and clients from different businesses confidently and competently.
Proactive and able to take initiative as well as a keeness to develop and learn.
Applications are especially welcome from candidates working in Audit, Accounts Practice or Fund Accounting.
Excellent broad role within the corporate services division of this growing Financial Services business.
Supportive team environment.
Full study support for the ACA or ACCA exams
Career path within an international business.