The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Financial Services team is looking for an experienced Information Technology Audit Specialist to join our fast-paced FSI Security and Compliance team and help drive AWS adoption in the Financial Services industry. As a Financial Services Audit Specialist, you will have the opportunity to be part of a team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging with executives and influencers at all levels during their due diligence and audit process. You will work closely with teams across AWS to enable delivery of customer audits and to build relationships with financial institutions, from FinTech startups to the largest global financial entities in the world.
Strategically, AWS Financial Services (FSI) Audit Specialists are part of the broader Financial Services Security and Compliance team and seek to understand the audit and due diligence needs of Financial Services customers, the overall trends in the industry, how customers define success, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in developing and delivering solutions. Financial Services Audit Specialist play an active role in facilitating customer audits, creating plans to achieve customer audit needs, and then driving AWS team members, stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third-parties to achieve those goals.
Tactically, AWS FSI Audit Specialists are responsible for managing audit scope, schedule, and delivery. Our FSI Audit Specialists work with various stakeholders to leverage AWS's delivery methodology to manage audits. They leverage their management and leadership capabilities to identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive customer audits to successful completion.
Through their understanding of our Financial Services customers, industry rules, regulations, requirements and governance best practices, Financial Services Audit Specialists build solutions for addressing the audit and due diligence of our worldwide customer base.
• Execute tactical delivery of customer audits while working closely with internal stakeholders including compliance specialists, security assurance, public policy, business development managers, sales teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the AWS service teams
• Identify and manage risks, resolve issues, and escalate where appropriate to drive audits to successful completion
• Understand the unique technical and regulatory requirements of financial services customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our audit offerings for our largest and most complex customers
• Respond to customer due diligence inquiries to ensure successful completion to enable adoption of AWS
• Develop industry leading compliance related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related business fields
• 10+ years' experience in Information Technology Audit in Financial Services or related field
• Familiarity with technical assessments and audit methodologies for technical systems (network, operating systems, application security) as well as IT auditing processes
• Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of audit lifecycle to ensure successful delivery
• A team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members, sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project
• Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts
• Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as necessary for successful program and project delivery
• Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness
• Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed expectations
• Ability to demonstrate experience to successfully manage two or more concurrent projects
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications
• Excellent people skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
• Deep understanding of regulatory guidance...National Institute for Science and Technology (NIST) guidelines, Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS), FCA guidance FG16/5 (Guidance for firms outsourcing to the 'cloud' and other third party IT services), EBA Recommendations on Outsourcing to Cloud Providers, C5 requirements of the Federal Office of Information Security of Germany and other applicable standards and requirements
• An understanding of the Financial Services compliance landscape and the systems that customers use.
• An understanding of assessment methodology within Financial Services migration to cloud.
• Familiarity with local rules and regulations that apply to Financial Services customer usage of cloud technology
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.