About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
This high profile management position based in London will lead the EMEA Tax team responsible for direct and indirect tax compliance, accounting for income taxes, and planning for the countries in EMEA, with a significant presence in the UK, as well as support global corporate initiatives from an income tax perspective. The focus of the role is technical expertise, team management, review, and coordination along with process improvements and enhancement of related controls. The successful individual also shall have significant interaction and strong working relationships with other finance teams and tax authorities. The position reports directly to the global Corporate Tax Director, will work closely with other members of management, and will have a team of 6 people.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead a culture of inclusion, growth, and development while managing the EMEA tax team
- Provide leadership over the timely and accurate filing of the Corporation's direct and indirect tax returns in the EMEA region and external audits or examinations of the same, including managing relationships with local finance teams and external advisors.
- Serve in a leadership role on complex enterprise-wide or cross-functional matters to ensure that all EMEA corporate tax issues have been properly addressed, including compliance with the company's transfer pricing methodology and external requirements. Consider, evaluate, and implement potential income tax planning strategies that are consistent with the Corporation's overall risk profile. This includes developing relationships with key Controllers, Finance and Business partners.
- Provide leadership over the accounting for income taxes under local and US GAAP for the EMEA region; coordination of the external auditor's quarterly and year-end data requests for data and information; monitoring and updating applicable internal controls.
- Monitor, assess, and timely communicate the financial statement and compliance impacts of future changes to UK and EMEA income tax law, regulations, and rulings
- Provide thought leadership and direction on existing and/or emerging income tax reporting and compliance risks and opportunities while maintaining a well-controlled reporting and compliance environment
- Provide performance management and thought leadership with respect to training and development of corporate tax team members
- Leadership and organisational skills to drive value, manage risk, and promote a team culture of inclusion and development while responsible for the tax requirements across EMEA.
- Strong UK tax technical knowledge and international tax experience.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills to communicate, collaborate, and consult with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders on complex tax concepts and analysis.
- Highly effective teaming and relationship building skills to apply across the business.
- Ability to operate independently while being open to and helping drive continual growth and improvement
Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial - Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance - Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing - Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development - Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the "Apply" button below.