Job Title: Infrastructure Analyst - IT Location: Manchester or Liverpool Hours: 35 hours per weekSalary: Dependent on experience
An award-winning international commercial law firm are seeking an Infrastructure Analyst to join their Liverpool or Manchester offices.The Role: Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the IT Infrastructure Manager to develop and maintain the Operational Infrastructure / IT Systems my client offers across their UK and International Offices.
- Act as a point of escalation to Service Desk Analysts and support them in identifying, troubleshooting and resolving complex issues.
- Support the IT departmental policies for the organisation which includes all service delivery matters, technological matters, hardware and software procurement & IT services sourcing.
- Proactively contribute to knowledge transfer to the IT Service Desk to move repetitive and well documented tasks to this team.
- Create and maintain systems configuration documentation, including creating and maintaining test plans and recovery methods of all systems.
- Keep up-to-date on infrastructure and security trends, developments and the associated opportunities and contribute to the development of plans to exploit those trends to improve the IT service delivery to the firm.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of VMware management and maintenance.
- Sold experience of Microsoft Server technologies and associated services, including Server 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- A good level of networking knowledge, from a troubleshooting and routing perspective. Basic switch configuration knowledge would be desirable.
- An understanding of Disaster Recovery and High Availability technologies, to achieve strong recovery point / recovery time objectives.
- Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Sites / Services and native replication technologies.
- Windows file services including DFSR.
- A great understanding of applications, HA technologies and how the firm can make their applications highly available for BC / DR purposes.
- While an understanding of all internal applications isn't essential, a strong level of knowledge in different applications and server back end configuration is essential.
- A firm understanding of monitoring technologies including tools such as Solarwinds as well as SNMP and MIB sets to configure and fine tune service monitoring to correctly alert and give statistics on availability and performance.
- A good understanding of telephony and phone systems, including SIP trunking and routing.
- An understanding / reference in the use of change management / problem management.
- A strong understanding of technical workloads and an analytical focus on troubleshooting, time and task management.
- Office 365 - Exchange online / Skype Online / Teams
- Microsoft Single Sign on (Native Azure / SAML) and Multi-Factor Authentication
- VMWare VSAN
- Datacentre Technologies including power and cooling to achieve and efficient and green datacentre footprint.
- An interest in Cyber / Information security
- Microsoft Intune MDM
- iManage10 / Cloud / Share
- Remote Desktop Services
If you're interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click 'apply now'
to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Zoe Alexander
for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful