£25,000 - £30,000 per annum plus benefits
Would you like to be part of an accelerating and award-winning business in 2021? Do you have proven experience as a Buyer or Buying Assistant? Do you have previous experience working within a procurement team? If so this opportunity could be perfect for you. Reporting directly to the Production Director your role as Buyer will involve performing a wide range of activities including representing the company through contract negotiation and formulating policies with suppliers.As Buyer you will be...
The experience and behaviours you'll bring to the team will include....
- Maintaining records of goods ordered and received.
- Locating vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Preparing and processing requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Controlling purchasing department budgets.
- Interviewing and hiring staff, oversee training.
- Analysing market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contact management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Prepare reports for managers meeting.
- Administer on line purchasing systems.
- Proven experience of working on an MRP system or equivalent ordering systems
- Strong desire to succeed and enhance your skill set
- Previous experience within a Buyer or Procurement role
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate