We are recruiting for an Accounts Senior
to join the team of a growing accountancy practice at its Kettering office. This firm is currently enjoying growth and is building the team to provide high-quality service to its agricultural clients.
Experience of agricultural accounting is preferred for this position, or indeed, a practice accountant with knowledge of agricultural businesses, however, strong candidates without experience or knowledge, but willing to learn, will be considered.As Accounts Senior your responsibilities will include the following:
To be considered for this role, applicants will have the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT based work and identify points for partner to raise with clients and to raise potential for additional services
- Finalise paperwork for dispatch to client and HMRC, meeting deadlines and to a high quality
- Interpretation of tax returns and financial accounts to facilitate effective tax planning
- Proactively liaise with clients to obtain relevant information, ensuring attention to detail
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Support trainees by providing on the job coaching
- Involvement with audit work as and when required
- Bookkeeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required
- Prepare client tax returns and advise on tax payable and payment dates
- Assisting clients with accounts software and other bookkeeping queries as required
- Completion of overtime as and when required and attend appropriate courses
- Involvement in client seminars including attendance and set up were required
- Involvement in networking and business generation under the guidance of more senior team members
- Be ACA or ACCA qualified (an exceptional finalist may be considered) with at least three years' accounts experience within practice
- Preferably have agricultural accounting knowledge or the desire to learn
- Ability to prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT quickly and efficiently
- Be IT literate, preferably with knowledge of Free-agent, Sage line 50, Farmplan, Compac
- Have excellent communication, listening and problem-solving skills
- Be resilient, energetic, and analytical with an acute attention to detail
- Highly organised and self-motivated
In addition to the above, you will live within commuting distance of Kettering and be willing to work outside normal hours as required.
This firm will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits package, a supportive working environment and the opportunity to thrive and progress within a successful and expanding practice.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.Submit your CV for this Accounts Senior role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.