Job title: Electrical Commissioning Technicians - Rolling stock
Job location: Buckinghamshire
Shifts: Fully flexible to support 24/7 Cover. This includes Days/Nights
Hours per week: Minimum 50 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Duration: On-going contract
Industries considered: Rail, Rolling Stock, RAF, REME, Army, Navy, Marine, Rolling Stock
Disciplines considered: Electrical Engineer, RAF or Navy Avionic Technician, RAF or Navy Aircraft Engineer, Marine Engineer, Test Engineer
As part of a small technical team, you will be required to undertake electrical maintenance, detailed fault finding and repair on the fleet of Aventra trains. Successful candidates would be expected to be able to complete all repairs and maintenance (both electrically and mechanically) to the new fleet of hi-tech vehicles. All of these repairs must be to the high safety critical standards.
Duties could include the following:
• Checking train systems including TPWS (Train protection and Warning Systems), AWS (Automatic Warning Systems), PIS (Passenger Information Systems), Traction, braking, doors, radios, CCTVs, HVAC units DOO (Driver only operations systems) and MVB (communication network system).
• Using manufacturer supplied computer programs to interrogate and program parts and systems.
• Gather evidence of faults and create reports to ensure warranty covered parts are replaced
• Liaising with reliability engineers and the customer to ensure there is a continuous improvement to fleet reliability
• Carrying out inspections and checks to ensure reliability of fleet
The candidate would be expected to complete the below amongst other tasks:
• Train preparation checks
• Braking tests
• Helping with detailed fault finding and diagnostics
• Tests and repairs on the HVAC systems
• Repairs and calibrations to door systems
• Wifi and CCTV testing
• Re-wires and electrical component changes
• GSMR mods - Global System for Mobile Communications
• Mechanical component changes
• Down load train data from on board train data recorders using laptops - On Train Test Runs.
• Run diagnostics software to identify faults with various train systems i.e. hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, train management systems & on board computers.
• System software updates as required
• Production of affirmative closing actions
• Contribution to Health and Safety on a daily basis.
• Completion of a recognised apprenticeship
• Minimum qualification required - NVQ Level 3 in an electrical discipline.
• Experience within Rail highly desirable
• You will be a highly self-motivated individual, able to work under your own initiative
• You will possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Experience within Rail desirable
• Use of Laptop's and diagnostic tools to determine faults
• Ability to work from maintenance manuals and schematics
• Experience of Electrical fault finding
• Experience of Electrical repairs
• Face to face interview over Microsoft Teams
• Schematics test over Microsoft Teams
If you wish to be considered for this role please send your CV including scanned copies of your qualifications and a scanned copy of your passport to (url removed)
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client