an evolving and changing environment. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is an excellent opportunity to support the business during its next stage of development and work as part of a dynamic team. Description
- Purchase ledger invoicing using JD Edwards and daily reconciliation of supplier ledgers.
- Automate BACS payments to suppliers from JD Edwards across 3 sites.
- Assist in replying to queries and correspondence with suppliers.
- Timely reporting for month end, ensuring all invoices not on system are accrued for and information is passed to Finance Manager.
- Work closely with the Business Managers and Heads of Schools to ensure correct approvals are provided for all invoices.
- Assist the Financial Controller with implementation of PO system.
- Once implemented, design a process across all sites where PO processing and order placing is done automatically through the requisition self service and monitored vs budget.
- Liaison with external auditors on creditor queries.
- General admin tasks and other ad hoc tasks as requested by the Finance Manager and Financial Controller.
- Demonstrable experience in an accounts payable environment (essential).
- JDE Experience (desirable) otherwise strong financial system experience where workflow approvals were used.
- Fully proficient in Excel including v-look ups and pivot tables.
- Ability to communicate with suppliers and staff at all levels of the organisation (essential) with excellent telephone manner.
- Great attention to detail.
- A self-starter with the drive, determination and commitment to get things done.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, contact Nikki Bowring at Walker Hamill quoting reference NBO51268. Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.