National Tutoring Programme Tutor(s)
English, Maths, Science, Humanities & Language Tutors required.
Hampshire and West Sussex
Online and in school
Start: ASAP, subject to vetting checks.
Teaching Personnel is delighted to work in partnership with the department for education to deliver targeted and bespoke tuition packages to students who have been identified as requiring additional support. The programme aims to support schools in providing a sustained response to the coronavirus pandemic and to provide a longer-term contribution to closing the attainment gap.
Due to being awarded a high number of pupil allocation across Hampshire and West Sussex, in particular Southampton, Gosport & Fareham. Portsmouth and Chichester we are seeking to increase the number of tutors available to our partner schools.
As a NTP tutor, you will provide high quality tuition sessions on a COVID safe face to face basis or through an online learning platform. You will be required to deliver sessions as directed by the school the student(s) are on role with and submit weekly short progress reports. Regardless of experience, all tutors will be required to go through a series of vetting checks and training in accordance with government guidelines. You will access 'how to be an effective tutor' provided by The Best Practice Network.Who can apply?
How much time do I need be available for?
- Final year students and Graduates
- Higher Level Teaching Assistants
- NQTS and experienced teachers
- You must be confident in delivering a curriculum subject outlined above at KS3 or KS4, preferably both
Do I need my own IT equipment for remote tutoring?
- You can take on as many or as little students as you like
- Tuition programmes are delivered in 15 hour bocks on a 1:1 - 1:4 basis
How much will I be paid?
- Yes, you will need access to a computer, laptop or tablet with a good Wi-Fi connection and be willing to use online learning platforms such as Bramble, Zoom, Teams and Skype.
- You are paid on a hourly basis depending on your experience, qualifications and skills. Hourly pay ranged from £15-30p/h.
For further information about the programme, please see their website below:
If you think you may be interested in the supporting the delivery of the programme, then we want to hear from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.