We have an exciting opportunity for a Plant Fitter
to join the British Gypsum team at our Sherburn
site. You will deliver professional maintenance in order to maximise plant efficiency, by actively utilising continuous improvement techniques and delivery of the highest standards. We're looking for someone who has experience in continuous manufacturing, and always has safety at the forefront of their actions. If that sounds like you, this could be the position you've been looking for!
This is a 2 crew Shift Pattern (Day & Night Shifts), Monday to Friday, 12 hour shifts.What you'll be doing as a Plant Fitter:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Clear on standards and procedures relating to safe working, including PPE requirements and completes required safety checks and inspections to the correct standard
- Aware of environmental routines and measures relative to their role
- Regularly carries out On The Job Risk Assessments and site risk assessments and all EWOs and Work Orders have a On The Job Risk Assessment attached
- Acts to ensure compliance with environmental operating procedures and requirements relative to their role, including carrying out specific IPPC inspections
Customer and Quality
- Works to standard maintenance procedures and adheres to inspections, PM, CMMS schedules
- Monitors machine/equipment performance, and has a good understanding of standards and parameters
- Actively investigates reported faults ensuring root cause is determined and actions put in place, communicating findings to appropriate people
- Develops materials such as OPL, SOP, SMP; helps training them out and keeping them up to date
- Regularly audits their own area of responsibility and ensures high housekeeping standards and high machine performance
- Carries out identified continuous improvement activities and uses problem solving tools such as EWOs and Quick Kaizens in each breakdown
- Engages with engineers to reduce the impact of quality losses
- Identifies losses and applies correct/appropriate continuous improvement tools to eliminate losses and closes out EWOs in alignment with site maintenance strategy
- Actively leads PM/FI teams and demonstrates practitioner learned skills such as use of advanced 5Y or 5G
Provides training to others in PM/FI deploymentWhat we're looking for in a Plant Fitter:
- Time served Fitter with BTEC National/NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Shows a positive attitude to safety and the environment within the workplace.
- Continuous improvement activities use of solving tools such as EWOs and Quick Kaizens
- Experience/Knowledge of AC drives, invertors, PLC experience, IEE17th Edition
- Experience in continuous manufacturing
- Computer literate, with good communication skills both written and verbal
You'll aslo get some great benefits...
- A defined contribution pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- Access to 100's of highstreet and leisure discounts, as well as a state of the art rewards system
- As a British Gypsum employee, you're automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain life assurance scheme
- Plus plenty more!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.