We are looking for an experienced Project Accountant for an immediate start temporary assignment until March 2022.
Working within the Business Finance Team the post holder will provide professional financial input for the Strategic Review of Charges (SRoC) Delivery Group and will be seen as an ambassador for change. SRoC aims to raise the appropriate level of Regulatory income ensuring that charges are sustainably modelled and set within Legislative and Welsh Government Policy guidelines.
- Deliver timely, effective and efficient financial advice to the SRoC Delivery Group, identifying and recommending solutions through detailed and complex charge modelling
- Responsible for providing advice to the SRoC Delivery Group that promotes full cost-recovery principles and takes into account existing & revised legislative/policy changes
- Provide expert financial advice and guidance on technically complex areas such as implementing a tactical time-recording system and translating outputs into new charge proposals; developing more detailed regulatory activities and linking to funding streams and also external facing support to groups and Boards such as SRoC Delivery Group and Regulatory Business Board
- Taking a significant role in the Charge Consultation exercise and translation of approved proposals into revised Charge Scheme documents
- Develop networks with external stakeholders and other UK Regulatory bodies to promote collaboration, best practice and consistency in approach
- CCAB Qualified or equivalent
- Knowledge of 'Managing Welsh Public Money' Principles and HMT's 'Classification of Receipts'
Due to current Covid restrictions this will be primarily home-based.