Teaching Personnel are seeking a 1-1 Teaching Assistant for a complex young person who needs full time 1-1 support in the classroom. The young person will initially be on a part time time table, 11am-3pm increasing to full time within the next 2-3 weeks. The young person has previously been excluded from school and is a challenging pupil.
The school the young person is based at is an outdoor education centre so a willingness to work outside is essential for this role. The young person is starting to integrate into school and needs a consistent member of staff to work alongside at all times. Please see below some skills the school feel are required for the role:
- Experienced practitioner in understanding the needs of Children with attachment disorders (essential)
- Previous experience of supporting Looked After Children /vulnerable students with significant SEMH needs (essential)
- Willing to spend lots of time outside (essential)
- Mentally resilient (essential)
- Solution focussed (essential)
- Knowledge of Thrive and willingness to integrate practice within teaching and learning environment (desired)
- Trauma informed practice approach (desired)
This is a temporary role in line with the funding in place. Pay will be between £10 and £13 per hour depending on experience.
If you feel you can meet the essential requirements of this role and would be interested in supporting the young person moving forward please click apply now and we will be in touch to discuss the role further.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.