As an Application Developer, you will be joining a passionate, close-knit team that prides itself on delivering innovative solutions using the latest web technology. As a member of this team you will be primarily responsible for the ongoing development of the digital presence including the web site, mobile and API services.
In a rapidly growing organisation you will be exposed to a variety of projects and support tasks ensuring our internal customer deliver great customer service and our platforms grow and evolve to deliver best in class user experience and integration options.
- To develop new features and maintain the business critical platforms
- To facilitate business growth through platform integration with 3rd parties
- To support internal team members and external customer problems and incident resolution through the technical help desk
- Effective and accurate design and time planning for feature development and delivery to effectively manage internal and external expectations
- Quality and Peer review of changes developed by teammates
- Proactive contribution to improvements in our development tools, practices and processes
The ideal Application Developer will have the following required skills:
- Strong experience of MVC framework(s): preferably Laravel. Symfony, CakePHP or similar (3 years+)
- Linux administration
- Good experience with integrations and APIs e.g. REST, SOAP , gRPC
- Experience with Git based source control and branch management
- Familiarity with Agile based development processes, tools and best practice e.g. SCRUM, Kanban in Jira
- Strong communication and documentation skills to collaborate with stakeholders on feature design and delivery
Successful candidates are likely to have: (not essential)
- Experience of Front-end frameworks such as Vue/React/Angular (1 year+)
- Experience of cloud-based solutions and services (AWS/Azure)
- Automation in Test: Unit/Behavioural - PHP Unit, Katalon, Behat
- Continuous deployment e.g. Bitbucket Pipelines, Jenkins, DevOps (e.g. Ansible)
You will be expected to work from the office 2/3 days per week during the current COVID restrictions. Working bubbles have been created in the workplace of this employer however the client is flexible if you are required to work from home.