-Network Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer - SolarWinds / Tooling -Permanent -Edinburgh/Glasgow/Dundee (Flexible) -£60,000-£75,000 plus excellent benefits
Network Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer - SolarWinds / Tooling required for a large Edinburgh-based client offering a great package and flexible working. The successful candidate will join the existing team as they continue their transformation journey towards a best of breed infrastructure underpinned by the latest tools, technologies and approaches.
You will work on a number of service / change projects, ensuring their availability as well as deploying network technology. The role will see you operating as part of the wider Networking function working on service, change and engineering initiatives. You will assume responsibility for network management / monitoring and the associated SolarWinds platform.
You will be tasked with providing technical leadership for this platform working closely with internal users and third party suppliers to establish the future state of the platform taking responsibility for enhancements and upgrades along the way. You'll have experience of a variety of environments and have a good feel for DevOps / Agile approaches and apply these principles in your role. The role also requires the creation of technical test plans, review documentation and building a user acceptance environment, whilst managing the components through the migration/upgrade phase.
The role will suit a candidate with a broad understanding and expertise of how applications and services are supported / developed in large-scale/complex networking environments. In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN is essential as is previous experience of SolarWinds implementations and/or upgrades.Skills and Experience Summary
- Extensive experience of Networking and Network design in enterprise environments
- Experience providing technical oversight and leadership
- Track record of implementing and upgrading Network Monitoring and Management tools
- Excellent level of experience with SolarWinds
- Good level of Cisco experience
- LAN/WAN experience
- A broad understanding of infrastructure layers
- Breadth of knowledge across multiple platforms, such as mainframe, middleware, network or other specialisms
- Knowledge of DevOps and Agile principles - how they can be applied to infrastructure
- Work closely with design authority
- Strong experience of contributing to roadmaps / strategies
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills - especially with vendors/suppliers
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills across
- Financial Services background preferred but not essential
The above is not exhaustive so if you are keen to find out further information around this opportunity, please forward an updated CV for a confidential discussion.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91624719