Technical Author - Remote Based - 1 Month initial contract - £250-290pd (Inside IR35)
One of Capita's most notable Public Sector clients are looking for a Technical Author on an initial 1-month contract to start ASAP. They require candidates that are able to capture any specialist knowledge essential to the maintenance of their suite of applications; enable them to share the support for these systems more easily be able to be transparent and fully knowledgeable about the processes underpinning the tech, including where responsibility for completing them lies.Technical Author - Technician Main tasks
Technical Author - Essential Experience/Skills/certification
- As a technical author, you will be responsible for writing specialist information about their suite of applications, and how they work. You will need to explain how things are used in a way that is easy to understand. The information may be presented in the form of user guides for software applications, training guides, instructional videos or online help incorporated into software and operating guides.
- As a technical author, you'll need to understand their suite of applications and then design and write documentation to explain it to users. You may also provide this information in various other forms including software demos and interactive tutorials, blogs and podcasts, using video, illustrations and graphics.
- As a technical author, you'll assess the audience and the nature of the documentation and will need to attend planning and briefing meetings.
- Collaborate with developers and managers to clarify any technical issues
- A large part of your job will be spent researching and gathering the information required. You'll need to use suite of applications in question to understand the technology and applications for which documentation is being prepared and gather and analyse the information needs of the user.
- You will need to have:
- the ability to express instructions clearly and briefly
- a concern for verbal consistency and an appreciation of tone and style
- good documentation skills and the ability to produce visually attractive instructions
- interpersonal and communication skills to effectively gather information
- an ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information and anticipate the reader's knowledge gaps
- an enquiring mind with attention to detail
- accuracy and a methodical approach to work
- the ability to work to tight schedules
- excellent planning and organisational skills
- analytical and questioning skills to get information from experts
- the ability to work successfully as part of a multidisciplinary team
- a good understanding of computers and other communication tools.
Interviews will take place ASAP via MS Teams and therefore candidates will need to be able to flexible with interview availability.
If interested, apply now or email me at with any questions or queries.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91622164