We currently seeks a juniorish to mid- level Windows Systems Engineer / Windows Systems Administrator with knowledge of or interest in learning about security threats to organisations, security controls and best practices to join our client.
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Excellent working environment - R&D - Life Science sector
Salary 26.5K - 35K
Just south of cambridge nr station - Great Shelford
The role will report into a more senior level person with the same skillset allowing them to mentor you and develop your skills.
Alongside more general windows systems administration and support the role will involve monitoring, research and implementation of improvements to IT security controls and technologies. Great opportunity for someone with an interest in this area getting greater exposure to it and recognition within a designated role. The role will encompass assessing / monitoring and researching their current environment and anything new they are looking to bring in with an eye to Security.
- Recent experience supporting and administering Windows servers in a corporate environment.
- Recent experience of widely used IT services, including: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, RADIUS, Certificate authorities.
- Proven troubleshooting and fault-finding experience in a corporate environment.
- Proven experience producing and maintaining procedures, change control and other IT documentation
- Knowledge and understanding of security threats to organisations, security controls and best practices
- Experience patching and updating Windows server systems to ensure they are supported and secure.
- Familiarity of working with virtual servers and virtualisation technologies.
The following experience would also be desirable
- Experience configuring and integrating monitoring systems such as log, performance or network monitoring/reporting solutions.
- Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience researching, evaluating and implementing new products or services in a corporate environment to upgrade or improve IT services.
- Experience administering Office 365 accounts and services
- Familiarity with IT backup solutions and disaster recovery processes.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SCCM server.
- Familiarity with IT security technologies, such as firewalls, web filtering, IPS/IDS, antivirus, encryption and their role in organisational security.
Interested? Please send your cv now for a swift response
Keywords Windows Engineer, Windows Systems Engineer, Security Engineer, Security Administrator, Windows Administrator, Windows Systems Administrator
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91624807