Are you interested in a long term career in Secondary Teaching?
Are you hoping to build up your knowledge and experience of the Secondary Curriculum before applying for a PGCE?
Do you have previous experience of working with young people and would like to work in a School, but don't know where to start?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Milk Education Manchester are offering graduates work in our partnership Secondary Schools as part of our 'Future Teachers Programme' which supports bright graduates or career changers who are considering a career in teaching but wish to gain practical experience before enrolling in formal teacher training.
As a Future Teacher, you will be working in a variety of different schools to gain school experience, undertaking teaching and learning support work, covering pre planned lessons in the absence of a teacher, building positive relationships with pupils and staff and developing classroom and behaviour management skills. As a Future Teacher you will also be supporting and working with pupils with Special Educational Needs and assisting with the planning and preparation of lessons alongside class teachers. The placements will be in Mainstream Secondary Schools across Greater Manchester. During the placement you will work full time hours (8.15am-3.30pm) and receive weekly pay. (Pay rates depending on experience, location and school).
What can you expect?
* A fantastic insight into the world of teaching
* Practical experience which will contribute towards a PGCE teaching application
* A sense of your suitability for this great profession
* To feel proud supporting young people and really make a difference in young people's lives
Duties and experiences can include:
* Covering and leading pre planned lessons
* Maintain strong behaviour management and build positive relationships with all students
* Provide support to various students of mixed abilities including SEN/EAL/SEMH
* University Degree (2:2 or above)
* Passion for learning and teaching
* Long Term availability, 5 days a week.
We are able to recruit remotely from the safety of your home and video registrations will be conducted on our own video platform.
Please call Ethan on (phone number removed) to discuss our Future Teacher opportunities, apply directly or register online today
Successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours. We look forward to hearing from you