Mid Level Java Developer - Asset Manager - London - Up to £100k + BonusBackground:
You will be joining a small but very agile team of experienced developers working on a variety of exciting projects involving in-house systems which implement:
- real-time equity trading incorporating FIX
- electronic market-making across domestic and international instruments
- internal data analysis tools covering areas such as trading, commission and market place metrics
The team is flat structured where decision making and responsibility is shared. Given the rest of the team is made up of more Senior Developers, this is an excellent opportunity to learn and develop.Tech stack: Java 8 - Python 2.7 - C# (front ends) - Oracle - SQL - Influx - Grafana Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver software to address a wide range of business problems
- Work with stakeholders, analysing their requirements and the wider problem to determine what is needed.
- Work on your own or with others from the development team, depending on the size of the project at hand.
- Plan and organise your projects so they are delivered under appropriate timescales, and be flexible where relevant factors change.
- Be equally happy working on green-field development; extensions of existing applications, and day to day maintenance and enhancements.
- First and second line support of our systems
Mid Level Java Developer - Asset Manager - London - Up to £100k + Bonus
- Solid knowledge and experience with Java
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals - at least 2:1 bachelor's degree in a STEM subject from a top university
- Ideally, exposure to high performance, distributed and multi-thread systems
- working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with SQL databases a plus
- Experience with C# GUI development a plus