I am currently recruiting for someone to work for my Winsford based client to be part of their Laboratory team, you will support the Manager with the calibration of equipment, will ideally have a qualification in science (physics would be advantageous). This is a permanent position and would be perfect for someone looking to start their career and join a firm who will develop and grow your skills.
Duties will be;
• Issuing and receiving engineer test equipment to schedule
• Calibration and repair of engineer test equipment
• Conduct routine testing and analysis of results
• Perform test equipment fault diagnosis, maintenance, repairs and cleaning to ensure these meet performance and quality standards
• Prepare accurate calibration reports, documents and certificates
• Control external resources where testy equipment is sub-contracted
• Ensure laboratory is a clean and tidy environment to work within
• Escalate any non-conformances to UKAS Laboratory Manager
• Other adhoc tasks necessary to support the business
Key Performance Indicators:
• Monthly test equipment issued and received to schedule
• Calibration and repair of test equipment to schedule
• Escalation reports for problem jobs/ tasks
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum 3years' experience on metrology or instrumental calibration -UKAS standard preferred
• Formal electronics qualification, Btec, C&G.
• Able to use own initiative
• Strong organisational & problem-solving
• Excellent levels of communication at all levels, both internally and externally
• IT literacy in MS Word, Powerpoint & Excel.
Please get in touch with Lily or Sophie on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)