The Senior Project Manager (SPM) ensures that all projects are produced within the specified deliverables to the required standard of quality and within the agreed constraints of time and budget
The SPM deals with high value, complex projects that require specialist skill and experience of Key Stakeholder Management.
Responsibilities for the SPM will include full budgetary control, resource management, team management, overall full project lifecycle control, project planning and status reporting to stakeholders and other clients and customer groups. The SPM support and guides the Project Co-Ordinator's and Junior Project Managers and Project Manager and acts as leader in the absence of the Programme Manager. The SPM leads by example and provided coaching and guidance to more junior members of the team.
* Manage the delivery of Projects; provide all project planning, scope and sign-off documentation as per ISO standards
* Establish and manage all Project internal and external resources
* Budgetary responsibilities to ensure all deliverables are delivered to time and quality.
* Chair project review meetings with the customer
* Manage all changes to project plans, documentation and escalation of any issues
* Identify and maximize any additional project revenues from out of scope activities
* Control any staged payments/invoicing throughout the project lifecycle
* Provide project status and business reports
* Attend customer meetings/presentations as part of the sales campaign team
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Graduate caliber or equivalent
* Some experience of influencing and negotiations are a must along with experience of delivering projects in a matrix-managed team.
* Awareness in the principles, methods and techniques for the effective set-up and delivery of technical projects
* IT Transition Projects
* Experience of:
- IT outsourcing
- Desktop and other hardware Deployment
- Service Transition
- Global audits
- Technical Projects Implementations; both Networks and AD
* Hands on management of projects running simultaneously (4+)
* International experience in delivering projects across multiple countries through multiple partners