Our client is a leading and long-established Fintech who count the world's leading Investment Banks and Hedge Funds among their clients. Despite the current pandemic situation, the company has a robust business model and revenue and client numbers have continued to increase in 2020 and will continue to do so in 2021
As a consequence, the opportunity has arisen for a Mid-Level Application Support Engineer to join their growing team.
THE ROLE: - Application Support Engineer Fintech
The position is for an Application Support Analyst.
You will work with our dynamic Production support team to provide a high quality of service to our clients.
You will be fully trained to understand our application and business in depth.
2nd and 3rd line support issues, but also advanced Application Support internal and external tickets, Production issues and client integrations tickets, increasing your technical and business skills. You will be able to work with our software's base code, test and release your code and system changes to Production.
The applications delivering the services have significant server-based data processing components and behind-the-scenes data gateway systems. Our services are delivered over the internet via an interactive user interface.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small company at the point where a Support Analyst is required to help the Support team grow more and handle more complicated and advanced Production issues and tickets. You will guide and help other Support members to increase their skills and improve the overall performance and knowledge of the team.
As the company and client services grow, more and new Products are handed over from Development to Support. You will be responsible for understanding and transferring the knowledge to the rest of the Support team.
For existing products already handed over to Support, you will be responsible for creating any missing documentation, fill out any gaps in the knowledge of these Products and train the other Support member to increase the level of Support the team can currently provide.
This role will give you the opportunity to go one step further in your career and become an expert in the Support field, become the go-to person for Production issues resolution.
You will work closely with the development teams to understand in depth the products they have built, in that extend that support team can sufficiently support the products with minimum help from the developers.
MAIN TECHNOLOGIES - Application Support Engineer Fintech
•High level of knowledge in Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl, PHP, LAMP stack
•Monitoring and Alerting Systems (e.g. Grafana, Munin)
• Ticketing/workflow Systems (e.g. Jira) and shared knowledge systems (e.g. Confluence)
SKILLs / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: - Application Support Engineer Fintech
• Good degree in Computer Science or related field
• Very good Unix/Linux, SQL knowledge to be able to work on daily Production issues
• Ability to apply previous support experience in a fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated, punctual, organised, responsible
• Able to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
• Ability to understand quickly and in-depth big complex systems
• Able to prioritise and triage support issues and tickets based on complexity
• Ability to guide and train the support team and communicate effectively, especially during incidents
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to liaise with developers, client service, technical contacts at clients and to provide telephone & e-mail support to end-users
• Able to gather technical or business knowledge from various development and business teams, document them, understand them in-depth and transfer this knowledge to the rest of Support team
• Knowledge of encryption protocols, tools and browser security
• Minimum technical training required to be able to support our systems
• Confident contacting clients
• Knowledge of file transfer protocols (i.e. FTP/SFTP)
• Experience with networking and firewalls
• Able to work out of hours
• Previous experience in monitoring tools